Wedgwood’s Community Services provide a broad range of quality treatment services to children, adults and families in West Michigan. These services are funded through public contract sources and can be utilized by anyone in our community. For more information on how Wedgwood’s Community Services can help you, please contact the Bouma Counseling Center at 616-942-7294.
Wedgwood’s Community Services Include:
- Community Outreach: includes after school programs and groups for youth, to encourage healthy behaviors through fun activities in a safe and caring environment.
- Counseling Services: available to help adults, teens, children and families with life changes or mental health concerns. Various types of therapies and treatments are offered, including Neurofeedback.
- Foster Care and Independent Living: offers placement and counseling for emotionally impaired youth due to abuse and neglect. Wedgwood’s foster care program seeks to provide alternatives to residential treatment and assists clients after they have received residential services.
- In-Home Services: targets the prevention of abuse, neglect and out-of-home placement through counseling for children and families undergoing relational, emotional, and substance abuse crises.
- Prevention Services: consist of several community programs designed to increase resiliency against pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases, substance use, violence, and other high-risk behaviors among teenagers. Prevention programs within Wedgwood's CORE services are funded by public contracts and grants. Wedgwood's Transforming Prevention Services are funded 100% by donor support.
- Substance Abuse Treatment: offers a range of services from prevention to intensive treatment to help youth and families overcome alcohol abuse and drug addiction.