Children's Hope Annual Fund
Private contributions to the Children's Hope Annual Fund make it possible to fund 100% of Wedgwood’s five Transforming Services. These services are critical to the successful outcomes of the children and families we serve and make a vital difference in helping young people make the lasting improvements that truly turn their lives around. In our residential homes we even see an increased success rate of 85% (compared to the state-wide standard of 70%) and believe this is due much in part to our holistic approach to care provided through these Transforming Services.
Our five Transforming Services include:
- Chaplaincy/Young Life Programs offer Christ and His message of hope, healing and wholeness to children who are recovering from the trauma of abuse, neglect and the family struggles that brought them to Wedgwood.
- Educational Support Services provdes support to Lighthouse Academy, a unique school on campus for residential clients as well as expelled and educationally at risk students from the community.
- Employment Training Program offers job skill training to local youth, preparing them for future employment.
- Prevention Services consists of several community prevention programs designed for teenagers to reduce their vulnerability to teen pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases, substance use, violence, human trafficking and other high-risk behaviors.
- Wellness Services help address the emotional, mental and physical well-being of residential clients through therapeutic and diverse experieces that create a sense of wholeness.